Livability.com the website devoted to compiling lists for topics such as best places to live, best places to retire, best affordable places to live, etc. has named their “6 Best-Kept Secret Beaches In Florida”, and five of them are within a fairly easy drive from Cape Coral. How lucky are those of us living in SW Florida! These beaches are recommended for those wanting to avoid tourist trap beaches and find more secluded beautiful spots. Here are the author Marc Acton’s picks . . .
1. Lover’s Key, Fort Myers – A Florida State Park usually teeming with wildlife such as manatees and roseate spoonbills
2. Bowditch Point, Estero Island – Past Fort Myers Beach at the very northwest tip of Estero Island. You’ll find an abundance of peace and quiet here
3. E.G. Simmons Park, Ruskin – In the Tampa Bay area with 7 miles of shoreline and 469 acres of wildlife, known as a camping and fishing beach
4. Siesta Beach, Siesta Key – Some of the whitest, most powdery sand in Florida
5. Bowman’s Beach, Sanibel – A quiet non-commercial ambiance where you’ll find great shelling
6. Washington Oaks Gardens State Park, Palm Coast – This one is definitely not an easy drive from Cape Coral as it’s located just south of St. Augustine, but if you're up that way it would definitely be worth a visit. Best known for the coquina rock formations on the beach.
Ready to buy a home in Cape Coral or Southwest Florida? Let us help you! It's a beautiful place to live near lots of beaches and attractions. We can answer your questions about local parks, schools, entertainment, restaurants, medical facilities, shopping centers, bars, theaters, airports, and more! To search properties in Cape Coral or to contact us, visit our Cape Coral waterfront home page or call 239-357-6118.