If you’re in the market to buy a home right now, you’re probably excited, but also a little bit overwhelmed. Buying a home is a big task, life step, and change. There are so many things to think about and do during this process. So although finding the home of your dreams can be exhilarating, it can always bring a lot of stress into your life. However, it doesn’t have to be stressful. A lot of the burden can be taken off your shoulders if you work with a realtor. A realtor can help you find your perfect home faster, since their time is dedicated to looking for homes for you. It can be hard to go house hunting when you have a job, activities, children, events, and other things keeping you busy throughout the week. A realtor’s sole job is to find you home that suits your needs and wants.
Below, we wanted to share with you the benefits of working with a realtor.
- A realtor will come up with a list of homes that fit all your needs and wants and save you a lot of time.
- They have access to more listings than you know exist.
- They can provide research on neighborhood, school system, entertainment facilities, local airports, shopping centers, municipal centers, local amenities and more. Since they work in this area, they are already extremely knowledgeable about the location.
- They can coordinate closings with lender, title company, and you.
- They can set up inspections, and meet home and pest inspectors for you.
- They can order a title search, obtain title insurance, and obtain homeowners’ insurance.
- They can find an attorney to draft the contract.
- They can hire the surveyor to survey the property.
- They can go with you and conduct the final walk-throughs of the home.
- They know all the necessary paperwork you’ll need (reports, disclosures). They also can explain the paperwork to you if there are items you don’t understand.
- They will be objective with you about a town or area whereas a friend or family member may not.
- They are skilled negotiators (part of the job) and they can help you close the deal with a price that’s good for you.
- They know all the housing codes and ordinances and will know if a house you’re interested in abides by them.
These are just a few reasons it makes sense to work with a realtor. They are knowledgeable, experienced, organized and work hard to bring your dream home and you together. If you’re looking to buy a home in Cape Coral or another town in Southwest Florida, let us, Tom and Sue Demogenes, work with you every step of the way. We have decades of experience in the SWFL area. Whether you want a waterfront home in Cape Coral or something in a nice community inland, we can find something for you. To look at our listings, click here. To contact us, click here or call 239-357-6118.