Thinking about moving to Southwest Florida? How about Cape Coral? Cape Coral is thriving – more people and businesses are flocking to this city, and the homes are gorgeous! Cape Coral is also home to so many beautiful waterfront properties. As SWFL realtors with focus on Cape Coral, we know a lot about this area and we wanted to share some information with you. Hopefully, the more you learn about Cape Coral, the more you will want to move here!
- Cape Coral is the third largest city in Florida.
- Cape Coral has a population of 150,000.
- Downtown Cape Coral is full of stores, bars, and restaurants.
- Cape Coral has more than 400 miles of canals throughout the city, which makes a lot of waterfront properties.
- The canals have lots of fish, dolphins, manatees, and other wildlife in and around them.
- There’s lots of water sports and recreation to enjoy in the city including boating, sailing, canoeing, fishing, and more.
- Cape Coral has a big Fourth of July celebration each year.
- The city hosts art festivals throughout the year.
- The city is home to Sun Splash Family Waterpark is a massive recreation center.
- The city is also home to Four Mile Cove Ecological Preserve, which is the biggest public-accessible nature preserve in the city at 365 acres.
- Cape Coral has 7 major golf courses.
- Cape Coral is mostly single-family homes – many which are on the water.
- According to CNN, Cape Coral is #2 in the Top 25 places to retire.
- Unlike Naples, Cape Coral isn’t a “retirement” community as the average age is 43.
- Cape Coral is home to 39 public parks.
- Cape Coral averages 355 days of sunshine per year.
- The average high temperature is 85 degrees F and the average low temperature is 54 degrees F .
- Most homes in Cape Coral, and SWFL, have a lanai or screened in porch to keep away bugs.
- Boating is a way of life in Cape Coral, with so many canals and access to the Gulf.
- The city has the largest population of burrowing owls in Florida.
Packing your bags yet? This is a great city to call home. It’s beautiful. It’s affordable. It’s fun.
Whether you’re looking to be a full-time resident or a snowbird, we promise Cape Coral won’t disappoint.
We have helping people buy and sell homes in Cape Coral with more than 75 combined years of experience! Ask us anything about the area!
If you want to buy a home in Cape Coral, let us, Sue and Tom Demogenes, help you find your dream home in this city or another city in Southwest Florida. We have many listings to share with you. To search properties in Cape Coral or to contact us, visit our Cape Coral waterfront home page or call 239-357-6118.