Dreamed of having a waterfront home? Looking to make the move to Southwest Florida? Try searching for a Cape Coral waterfront home!
Cape Coral is a great city. In fact…
- Forbes rated Cape Coral the number one best city in the United States for future job growth in 2017, and in the top 25 for best places to retire in 2015.
- Honeywell named Cape Coral the #2 U.S. city with the cleanest air in 2014.
- Bankrate.com rated Cape Coral in its top 10 lists of places to retire in 2015.
- The Business Insider named Cape Coral as one of the top 10 best cities to start a new business in 2014.
It is clear to see that Cape Coral has gained national recognition for being a wonderful place to live. As a luxury waterfront team, we wanted to share some facts about this wonderful city to give you even more reason to move down here (beyond the beautiful weather and stunning beaches, of course).
According to 24/7 Wall St., an Internet financial news and opinion company, the economic expansion in Cape Coral is helping draw attention to this city. Between 2012 and 2014, employment grew 10 percent, which is the fifth largest growth of any city in the United States. Cape Coral’s crime rate is also half of the national average. And, the poverty rate at 12.5 percent is lower than the 15.5 percent national average.
Here’s some more interesting and informative facts about Cape Coral:
- Cape Coral’s population is around 180,000.
- 70 percent of Florida’s population lives within 150 miles of the city.
- This city has 840 acres of public parks and recreations facilities and areas!
- The median home value is $235,000.
- Cape Coral is home to more than 400 miles of canals (more than Venice, Italy).
- The city is home to Florida Gulf Coast University.
- The city has 3 golf courses and an executive course.
- The Four Mile Cove Ecological Preserve is in Cape Coral and it is 365 acres; eagles, snakes, birds, and many other animals live here. People can walk trails and kayak in and around here.
- The Yacht Club Community Park and Four Freedoms Park offer beautiful, scenic beaches.
- Activities available in Cape Coral include: fishing, boating, kayaking, and shopping. The area has lots of museums, art galleries, tours, clubs, parks, and more.
- Cape Coral is home to Big Home Brewing, a rum distillery and beer brewery.
- Cape Coral has a waterpark.
- There are many events and festivals held in the city throughout the year.
- This city has a historical museum for people to learn about the city’s rich history.
Cape Coral is beautiful, it’s safe, and there’s so much to see and do! As you can see, Cape Coral is a great city in Southwest Florida to move to and live.
Whether you want to live here part of the year, all year, or just retire here, you can reap all the benefits this city has to offer. Who wouldn’t want to wake up in a Cape Coral Home overlooking the water? If you’re thinking about moving to Cape Coral or want to learn more about the city, let us help you. We have 75 years of real estate experience and a real knowledge of the market! We can show you waterfront properties in Cape Coral. To contact us, click here or call 239-357-6118.