At Cape Waterfront Living, we don’t just help people find homes, we help people sell their homes in Southwest Florida, as well.
Before you sell your home, there are things you can do to help your home sell faster. If the market it slow, you want your home to stand out amongst the rest. Home upgrades are a great way to help you sell faster.
According to the National Association of home builders, here are the percentage of buyers who desire each feature that can help you sell your home faster:
- Laundry room – 92%
- Exterior lighting – 90%
- Energy Star appliances and windows – 90%
- Ceiling fans – 86%
- Patio – 86%
- Full bath on main level – 83%
- Hardwood floors on main level – 82%
- Garage storage – 81%
- More insulation than required by code – 81%
- Eat-in kitchen – 80%
- Walk-in pantry – 80%
To also sell your home quickly, home staging can help make your home stand out faster.
According to realtors, here are some simple fixes you can do to stage your home:
- Full home cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- Remove pets before showings
- Make minor repairs
- Depersonalize the home
- Paint walls
The six most important rooms to stage (in order) are: Living room, master bedroom, kitchen, outdoor space, dining room, and bathroom.
About 1/3 of realtors agree that home staging can even increase the selling price of the home up to 5%.
With younger generations buying homes, you can appeal to them in different ways to help sell your home faster, as well.
- Have a well-equipped kitchen
- Have an outdoor living room
- Update the interior
- Install smart-home devices
- Make the home energy efficient
- Have a separate laundry room
- Have a room or space where someone can work from home.
If you need help selling and getting your home to sell, let us, Sue and Tom Demogenes, help you! We can help make your home inviting to potential buyers of all ages. We can also help look for a new home in southwest Florida, as well!