2013 finds waterfront lots rising in value: After six years of steadily declining prices, waterfront lots started increasing in value in early 2012 . . . and at a very healthy pace. Depending on the location, gulf-access lot prices have gone up between 15 -30 % in the past year. We see the trend continuing and have invested in several waterfront lots ourselves.
Reasons For Rising Lot Prices
* Substantial decrease in home inventory, leading to increase in new home construction
* Savvy remodeling investors have shifted their focus to new constructionfor higher profits, thus they are buying numerous parcels of land for future need
* Lenders have greatly loosened requirements for new home financing, making it easier for builders to build spec homes (which are selling quickly). Lenders now require less up front capital and a much more reasonable FICO score for homeowners to finance a home of their dreams
* The gap between existing home prices and new construction has dropped from 50 - 60% to about 15 - 20%. When the gap is at this level many people are willing to pay the differential to get a new home that is exactly the home they want, and in the precise location they want
* With more retiring Baby Boomers wanting to move to the area, or at least own a second home here in Paradise, the decreased inventory and increased prices make building a new home quite attractive
Best Method to Buy Low for Maximum Profit
The "Neighborhood Aerial Map Program" shown below is the absolute gold standard for finding the best valued lots for investment or for home building.
This is a software system that only 4% of local realtors are willing to invest in. However,we have not sold a home or lot for a client or ourselves without first checkingthe Neighborhood Aerial Map. Any other comparison method is relatively inferior.
The Neighborhood Aerial Map provides a simplified means of comparing all the lots in a particular unit, and determining which is the best value based on size and location of the lot, width of the canal, and rear exposure (ask us about this important criteria).
Combined with googlearth map, this Neighborhood Map system provides a level of confidence that has enabled buyers to purchase lots from us sight unseen, something most anyone would be uncomfortable doing with a home.
Neighborhood Aerial Maps
Below are a random sampling of two neighborhood aerial maps. The unit is shown, along with what would be our top selection for value. The lots in purple are the best value, but by the time you read this that lot is likely sold, and we would conduct an up to the minute aerial map in whatever unit(s) in the Cape you are interested in.
Thank you for visiting today. If this is your first visit, take your time and look around. I have plenty of information and resources available to you. If you are a return visitor, thank you. I would love to hear from you and tell you how I can serve all your real estate needs.
Copyright 2019 Multiple Listing Service of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, Inc.; All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site is the copyrighted and proprietary database of the Multiple Listing Service of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, Inc. The properties displayed may not be all of the properties in the MLS\' database, or all of the properties listed with Brokers participating in the cooperative data exchange program. Properties listed by Brokers other than Luxury Waterfront Team are marked with BR logo and include the name of the listing Brokers. Information provided is thought to be reliable but is not guaranteed to be accurate; buyers are advised to verify facts before making the decision to purchase a property. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, or for their use or interpretation by the user. Information provided is for consumer\'s personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. This site will be monitored for \'scraping\' and any use of search facilities of data on the site other than by a consumer looking to purchase real estate, is prohibited. Listing broker has attempted to offer accurate data, but buyers are advised to confirm all items. Information last updated on 2019-01-17.