“Luxury Waterfront Team” Expands to Bonita, Naples, Sanibel & Marco Island
We are pleased to announce that as our “Luxury Waterfront Team” has expanded in personnel, we are likewise expanding the waterfront towns that we will service. Looking out for our client’s best interest, until now we have only confidently and comfortably sold homes in Cape Coral/Ft Myers.
We now have the manpower, web site improvements & MLS integration to professionally service Bonita, Naples, Pine Island, Sanibel. We will personally assist clients in all these local waterfront towns, and have associated with an outstanding agent in Marco Island. We look forward to helping our clients find homes/condos in these wonderful waterfront communities.
Welcome Lisa Sawyer, Luxury Waterfront Team’s Newest Team Member
After an extensive search process, Sue, Kim and I would like to introduce Lisa Sawyer, the latest addition to our realty team. Lisa has 20 years of residential, commercial and new construction experience. She possesses the high level of personal service, real estate knowledge and communication skills that are requisite for our team…and too often difficult to find today.
Lisa will be specializing in commercial properties, off-water and freshwater homes & condos, as well as assisting us with gulf-access properties. We are proud and pleased to have her join our real estate team/family.
Cape’s Assessed Property Values Increase By 8.63%
Increase exceeds City estimate of 4.67% and adds $2.6 Million in Tax Revenue
In July the Lee County Property Appraiser released the taxable values for the county, and Cape Coral’s assessed values increased by 8.63%, a substantial increase of an earlier 4.67% projection. This is great news for the City’s General Fund, as it adds an additional $2.6 Million to the city coffers. However, the news is not as joyful for property owners who are not Homesteaded, as we’ll be seeing an increase in 2014 (and future years) property tax bills.
To keep the assessment numbers in perspective: in 2007 the taxable assessed value in Cape Coral was $21.6 Billion. Seven years later we are at $10.3 Billion, less than 50% below the highpoint of the market.
Tom: As clients have often read in our reports, Assessed Values are about two years behind market values. I’m expecting an even higher property tax increase for 2015 and 2016 based on MLS sales numbers for the past few years. If a buyer is considering purchasing in the coming months, they can save substantial ongoing property tax dollars by locking in to 2014 assessed rates by closing prior to the end of the year. Any closing after Dec. 31 and the property tax rate will be at 2015 assessed values.
Westin Cape Coral – World-class resort in the heart of the city
Out of nearly 1200 hotels and resorts, Westin at Marina Village at Tarpon Point was recently recognized as a Top 10 Resort in the United States and Best for Family Adventures. Out of 1 million people who voted, only 67 hotels were among the resorts who received awards. It was the latest in a series of recognitions for the local Westin.
The most widely used amenity at the hotel is the Silver King Water Taxi, which takes guests to and from Ft Myers Beach. The taxi service is included in the resort service fee.
In addition to Westin Kids Club, the resort has gained popularity as a destination wedding site. The resort offers a perfect spot for taking vows, a beautiful gazebo that overlooks the water.
See more at: http://www.westincapecoral.com/
Sue: Overlooking the marina, the resort’s Nauti Mermaid Dockside Bar and Grill is a great place for a few cocktails while catching a fabulous Southwest Florida sunset. I’ve toured several suites at the Westin and was impressed by the kitchens with granite countertops, along with the screened, private balconies. Many of our clients have stayed at the resort and have been very pleased with the amenities and the setting.
Seasonal Rentals in Short Supply in SW Florida
If you are planning to visit our area for vacation or to buy a home, we strongly urge you to book your rental ASAP. There is a severe shortage of quality rental homes and hotel availability. We are told by our two top seasonal management companies that they have every home booked for all of 2015 season…and already many bookings for season of 2016. It’s wonderful that our area is in such HIGH DEMAND !!!
* Tourists greatly help Florida residents:15% of the Sunshine State’s sales tax collections come from tourists. Tom: The high percentage of tourist dollars is a major reason why Florida is able to avoid a state income tax. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the visitors who love and keep returning to our Tropical Paradise.
* Homebuyers Beware: ‘Nanny cam’ could be listening: ‘Nanny cams’ could be providing home sellers in some states with an edge during negotiation, according to a real estate attorney. Many homeowners with young children have hidden cameras tucked into everyday objects to surreptitiously monitor the person minding their children. However, the cameras could be turned on unsuspecting, would-be buyers as they attempt to have a discreet, private conversation about a home they like. As a result, the cameras could tip the house-hunter’s hand it they want to make an offer. Tom: Even though this practice is illegal in Florida, it is prudent for buyers to wait until we have left the home to make too many comments about the home.
* Jumbo Mortgages are cheaper, easier to get: CNNMoney reports that wealthy homeowners now pay lower average rates on high-dollar loans (jumbo mortgages over $417,000, or $625,000 in high priced areas). In some cases, lenders have also reduced their down payment and credit score requirements.
* September marks 6th consecutive months of drop in home inventory in Cape Coral: Heading into high season with only 4 months of inventory is very good news for sellers…not so good news for buyers. If you are planning to list your home in season you should contact us soon to get staging and TLC advice.
* Investors scaling back home purchases: Investors, who have been pushing out traditional home buyers from the real estate market, are slowly cutting back on their home purchases. There is still a lot of investor activity, but it’s declining.Tom: We view this as a positive change, as it means there will be more selection and stabilized prices for traditional home buyers.
Copyright 2017 Multiple Listing Service of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, Inc.; All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site is the copyrighted and proprietary database of the Multiple Listing Service of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, Inc. The properties displayed may not be all of the properties in the MLS\' database, or all of the properties listed with Brokers participating in the cooperative data exchange program. Properties listed by Brokers other than are marked with BR logo and include the name of the listing Brokers. Information provided is thought to be reliable but is not guaranteed to be accurate; buyers are advised to verify facts before making the decision to purchase a property. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, or for their use or interpretation by the user. Information provided is for consumer\'s personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. This site will be monitored for \'scraping\' and any use of search facilities of data on the site other than by a consumer looking to purchase real estate, is prohibited. Listing broker has attempted to offer accurate data, but buyers are advised to confirm all items. Information last updated on 2017-07-28.
© 2017, The data relating to real estate for sale on this Website come in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program (BR Program) of M.L.S. of Naples, Inc. Properties listed with brokerage firms other than are marked with the BR Program Icon or the BR House Icon and detailed information about them includes the name of the Listing Brokers. The properties displayed may not be all the properties available through the BR Program. BR data on this website is provided by on behalf of Tom Demogenes. The source of this real property information is the copyrighted and proprietary database compilation of the M.L.S. of Naples, Inc. Copyright 2006 M.L.S. of Naples, Inc. All rights reserved. The accuracy of this information is not warranted or guaranteed. This information should be independently verified if any person intends to engage in a transaction in reliance upon it. Data last updated 2017-07-28 02:37:10.
© 2017 Bonita-Estero MLS All rights reserved. Information deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than are marked with the BR logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers. Listing broker has attempted to offer accurate data, but buyers are advised to confirm all items. Information last updated on 2017-07-28.
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Sign in to take advantage of all this site has to offer. Save your favorite listings and searches – also receive email updates when listings you like come on the market for free!
*Contact Information is NOT Shared*