Ready to sell your home? Congrats! Selling and buying a home is an exciting time in one’s life. If you’re about to put your home on the market, it is likely not ready to sell yet. A realtor will highly suggest to you to stage to your home in such a way to make the home appealing to potential buyers. You want the people viewing your home to be able to imagine themselves in the space. What does this mean exactly? Well, you must make the home feel less like you and more relatable to anyone.
Right now, it is a good time to sell a home in southwest Florida. With a lot of other homes on the market, you want to make yours stand out, so it will sell faster and as close to your asking price as possible. Home staging is one thing you can do to take your home to the next level.
As realtors in southwest Florida, we’ve helped sell and buy many homes over the yeas for our clients. On average, for every $1 you put into your home for staging, you will receive $2 in increased sale price. We know what a beautifully-staged home looks like. For this article, we wanted to share with you some home staging tips and ideas for you to help you sell your home faster and get more money for your home.
- Clear closets of unnecessary clutter.
- Organize all closets and storage spaces.
- Hide clutter with stacked boxes.
- Take down family/friend photos to de-personalize the home.
- Use matching hangers in the closets.
- Take many of your belongings to you new home, a storage space, or a friend’s to declutter while your house is on the market.
- Make sure most the colors in your home are neutral.
- Color coordinate bedrooms.
- Put a few decorative items in each room.
- Remove televisions, cords, and work stations from bedrooms.
- Clear countertops in bathrooms.
- Deep clean your home.
- Modernize the kitchen cheaply by changing handles/knobs or the doors of the cabinets.
- Declutter the kitchen counter tops and cabinets.
- Remove large and small rugs that break up the space in rooms.
- Swap out old light fixtures for more modern ones to cheaply update the look of the home.
- Set the table in the dining room.
- Keep shades open for people viewing the home.
- Place plants strategically throughout the house.
- Replace damaged carpet or flooring.
- Power wash house, walkways, and patios.
- Plant blooming flowers outside.
- Wash windows.
- Mow lawn.
- Put fresh produce or fresh-cut flowers on the kitchen counter.
- Rearrange furniture to creating an inviting space.
- Clean up kids’ toys.
- Get rid of pet odors.
If you need help selling and staging your home, let us, Sue and Tom Demogenes, help you! We can help make your home inviting to potential buyers. We can also help look for a new home, as well!
We have many listings to share with you. To search properties in Cape Coral or to contact us, visit our Cape Coral Waterfront homes page or call 239-357-6118.