Cape Coral is a happening place. As this city continues to grow, there has been more things to see and do throughout the year. Although it isn’t “in season” in Southwest Florida right now, there is still plenty for you to do in Cape Coral in the month of August, or any of the hot summer months.
For this article, we wanted to share with you some great events and happenings that are going on in the city during the month of August. So, whether you’re a resident, visiting, or thinking about moving to Cape Coral, this list will give you an idea of what this city has to offer!
Saturday Slide Night | August 11, 5 p.m. | Sun Splash Family Waterpark
- Sun Splash is open till 8:30 p.m. with a special admission after 5 p.m.
Astronomy Night | August 11, 8:30 p.m. | Seahawk Park
- The Southwest Florida Astronomical Society is hosting a free family night of night sky observation at Seahawk Park. Experts from the society will have telescopes and viewing equipment.
Fishing in a Waterfront Wonderland | August 14, 2 p.m. | Rotary Park
- Learn about what fish you can catch in the canals and what parks are good for fishing and launching a boat. This is a free class. RSVP at 239-549-4606.
Just for Fun Dog Show | August 18, 10 a.m. | Rotary Park
- To register, call 239-549-4606. Even if you’re not in the show, you can bring your pup. Show categories include Best Costume, Longest Ears, Bad Hair Day Dog, Dog/Owner Look-Alike, Best Trick and Favorite Rescue.
Holocaust Museum Tour | August 24, 11:30 a.m. | Holocaust Museum of Southwest Florida
- This tour is informational and educational that includes lunch and a presentation from a Holocaust survivor. Reservations required by August 17th. Call 239-574-0807.
Skateboard Contest | August 31, 6 p.m. | Eagle Skate Park
- This contest is $10 per participant. Participants will get to show off their skills and tricks.
Move to Cape Coral
As you can see, there’s a varied number of events happening in Cape Coral this August, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. Don’t forget, the warm weather year-round makes it easy to always go to the beach or be on a boat, as well!
If you’re ready to buy a home in Cape Coral, let us, Sue and Tom Demogenes, help you find your dream home in this city or another city in Southwest Florida. We have many listings to share with you, and will work with you to find a home that fits your needs and budget. To search properties in Cape Coral or to contact us, visit our Cape Coral waterfront home page or call 239-357-6118.