It’s summer time! In Southwest Florida, this means the temperature is hot, the sun is shining, and the snow birds have left! Although there may be a decrease (temporarily) in the population, this does not mean there are less things to do down here in the summer. There are plenty of things to do and explore. In fact, it even becomes more fun in the summer because lines are shorter and places are less crowded!
For this blog post, we wanted to share with you some things and events. Cape Coral has to offer in the summer for people of all ages.
- Explore the Four Mile Ecological Preserve. This Preserve is a 365-acre brackish water wetland. In this park, you can walk on trails, go to a visitor center, attend a program, go on a guided tour, visit a veteran’s memorial, have a picnic, rent kayaks, see wildlife and more!
- For those who enjoy a cold one, visit the Cape Coral Brewing Company or the Wicked Dolphin Rum Distillery.
- If you’re looking for a night out, check out shows playing at the Germain Arena or the Cultural Park Theatre.
- For a little bit of history and education, visit the Cape Coral Historical Museum or the Southwest Florida Military Museum and Library.
- Visit the Cape Coral Yacht Club. This is a public community center with a great beach and fishing dock for visitors. There is also a pool for those that prefer it to the beach. This club also hosts lots of events during the years.
- If you love nature, check out the Tom Allen Memorial Butterfly Garden at Rotary Park. This is a sanctuary for butterflies.
- For a day of fun with the entire family, visit the Sun Splash Family Water park. There is 14-acres of water activities!
As you can see, there is always something to do in Cape Coral. Even in the summer! Cape Coral has a wide variety of things to do and events to see; the list above is just the tip of the iceberg. If you’re looking to move to this wonderful city, let us help you find your dream Cape Coral home. Whether you want a luxury waterfront home in Cape Coral or something a bit more inland, we can help you with your search. Click here or call 239-357-6118 to get started with Tom and Sue Demogenes today!